Monday, April 29, 2013

Only a Mothers Love...

"Mom, please tell me what to do,
I'm so disappointed in you
You said those words that made me cry,
And you always wondered why
Why I sing my lullaby"



Lullaby by Maria Mena


 Every time I listen to this song I am reminded of my Mother.

   I was blessed to be born with the Mother that I was born to. Growing up she did so much for us, went beyond, and still does. She has the strength that I think any daughter would want to carry on from their Mother, and love that reminds me daily of my Grandmother, who had the same kind of love in her heart. She has guided us, loved us (even when we least deserve it), and most of all has taught us to be kind, honest, free thinking women. 

   Their are Daughters in this world that will never know this affection. That will never watch their Mother drop everything to rush to their aid, or grow up knowing that no matter what you will always have at least one person standing behind you, giving you that push. 

   I believe that is why this song always brings tears to my eyes, because I feel sad for all those that maybe weren't as lucky, or lost their mother to disease, or an accident. 

   Mothers Day is coming on the 12th, a time of giving thanks for what our Mothers have done for us, still do for us, and will continue to do for us. Remember, it isn't always the fancy gifts that matter most, but rather the ones that originate from the heart. 

   Also, depending on your relationships, give thanks to your Grandmother. My Grandmothers have both passed, but I always silently give a special thanks to my Mommom, who as my whole family can attest to, spread her love, and free spirit to everyone she could touch. Her family was her crowning jewel and there was never a time she didn't show it through her love. 

  Spread your wings, open your arms, and make the most out of life with your loved ones. Cherish your Mothers, there will be a time when 'goodbye' is indefinite, so there is no time like the present, or this coming Mothers Day, to tell her just how much you love her. 



For mother's sake the child was dear,
and dearer was the mother for the child.

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, English poet 



For my Mother, and all the loving Mothers that have given their endless love to their children. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment